[Sca-cooks] Icelandic Food Question

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 25 17:10:55 PDT 2002

> Bearing in mind that the Romans used to call the Britons and the
> Germans giants when they were over six feet tall, and also bearing in mind
that Julia Child was originally around 6' 6" tall before age and a habit of
hunching when standing alongside her shorter husband more or less
permanently reduced her height, why are these stories
> incredible? Or is there something _else_ we're not being told? I
> mean, and I thought it was Finland where they ground bones to make
> bread. ;-) I'm wondering if Julia Child will ever be the subject of any
giantess folk tales...

	Actually, I just read an article about her (her 90th birthday celebration
just occurred, and her "French Chef" kitchen has been moved to the
Smithsonian), and it quoted her as being 6'2" before hunching.
	She will always be a giant for me, one of the only things my dad and I ever
had in common was watching her show and cooking.
Christianna