[Sca-cooks] Missive for Stefan, Slightly OT

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 25 21:27:51 PDT 2002

What a great description!

I like it that you try to include all sides of an issue. You and I are
not experts, and, as we know, even experts can disagree (no, I won't go
there... *G*)  but you tend to give enough information that I know that
there are different views, and, if I have to, I can make up my own mind.
Well, at least for the moment, enough to start something.

I've seen a few recipes in files that were posted several times by the
same people, and morphed over the years... that itself is an interesting
process. Don't remember exact examples, but ISTR that sometimes the cook
was eventually able to get all ingredients, sometimes they seem to have
simply come to a different understanding, though I don't know whether it
was with more research or with trying the dish. It would be fascinating,
but probably not possible, to find that out!

We do appreciate the Florilegium, and all the work in it. There is so
much information! Wonderful place to browse (yes, of course I read
encyclopedias... doesn't everyone?) and good for looking up specific
categories. I wanted a vegetable dish, I found a vegetable dish. I've
pointed a number of people to it - the ones I know are also curious...

Anne