[Sca-cooks] Missive for Stefan, Slightly OT and shortened

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 14:17:57 PDT 2002

Greetings, your Lordship,
I just wanted to let you know that even before I started in the SCA (which was a whole 8 months-ish) I would run into references for your Florilegium all over the place, through search engines. I figured that you were just some BIG college or research company.
It never dawned on me that all of that was done by one person. I never found this out until I started on this list. That may be why you don't get a lot of feed-back. Sorta incomprehensible that someone would put that much time and energy into something, and a *labor of love*, at that.
I, for one, hope that someday I do meet you. If, for no other reason (except there would be lots), then I could say *I have met THE Stefan*. Like the Lady said, not kissing up, just fact.
Isabella
 "Mark S. Harris" wrote: Sorry, this is a bit long.

Serena da Riva asked:

> I think that the service that you provide with the Florithingie is
> incredible and indispensible. That is not kissing up - that is the honest
> truth!

Thank you. Actually I get surprizingly little feedback on the
Florilegium and there's been very little official recognition. Shrug.
It is comments like yours that keep me going when I'm feeling down
about it and wonder if all the work is really doing any good and
whether folks are really finding it any use. Sorry, but sometimes
that happens when you spend ten to fifteen hours a week on something,
week after week. I guess kinda like being a territorial baron/ess.

It really is kinda nice though to walk around Pennsic and when I
mention the Florilegium or hand out a flyer and someone says
"Oh! You're Stefan!". :-)

Well, probably a lot more than you really wanted to know.

Stefan
Mark S. Harris Austin, Texas stefan at texas.net