[Sca-cooks] A Cheesy Problem

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Aug 27 08:50:20 PDT 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Bethra Spicewell wrote:

> Greetings, All
>
>  I'm once againg asking for the combined knowledge of the
> Known World - both Cooks and Feasters.
>
> I'm working up possible menus for a dayboard (lunch buffet)
> for EK Crown Tourney.  The basics (anything marked *) are
> pretty much set, but I'd like opinions on the following
> choices.
> --------------
> ATrio of Pyes
>    Tart of Chese (a cross between Lese Fryes and Another
> Tarts from TTEM)
>    Onion-Cheese Pyes (cottage cheese, eggs and onions)
>    Pie Pan Spinach (cottage cheese,eggs & spinach)

[snip]

> ---------
> My main question is -- is this too cheese heavy?  Will
> there be a problem with dairy allergics going hungry?
> I want everybody who comes to my table to be able to eat
> well, carnivores and herbivores alike, but I don't want to
> overload on anything. I may be able to add another meat to
> the table - depends on supply.
> I will have no access to a kitchen on the day of, so
> everything needs to be pre-cooked, and served cold or
> reheated with foil steam trays.
> Any suggestions will be gratefully considered.
>
> Thanks,
> Bethra

I have to agree--it's a bit cheese-heavy. I would probably go with only
one pie with cheese in it, and try to avoid dairy for the other two if
possible. Maybe the Proper Newe Booke's Tart of Spynage using margerine or
oil instead of butter.

Is this an all-day thing, or a lunch buffet with set hours?

Margaret