[Sca-cooks] honeyed milk

WyteRayven at aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Tue Aug 27 19:18:40 PDT 2002

I know this doesnt pertain to the period use of honeyed milk, but in my family there has been a long standing tradition of heating milk with honey, vanilla and maybe some cinnamon instead of cocoa. It was a special treat. And it is a comfort thing for me to this day. If I have had a really rough day I make it for myself before I go to bed. Mom called it "camels milk". I have no idea where it came from or the name, but it is very yummy, and also something nice for guests who dont care for chocolate.

Ilia