[Sca-cooks] Casbah! Feast, was Period Couscous References?

Mark S. Harris stefan at texas.net
Tue Aug 27 22:54:57 PDT 2002

al-Sayyida Anahita al-Qurtubiyya bint 'abd al-Karim al-hakim al-Fassi said:
> I froze the chicken dish, the White Tharidah of al-Rashid, (about 14
> gallons worth in zip-closed plastic bags) to avoid "church picnic
> chicken syndrome". The Seven Vegetable Tagine was bagged and just
> refrigerated (about 9 gallons). Fabian made 600 meatballs from the
> Andalusian recipe i sent him, and froze them, per my request. The
> couscous was made on site.
>
> However, the food was re-heated courtesy of the gracious hostess of
> the feast, Eliska, and quite a few generous volunteers who manned the
> pots of hot water.

You froze the food in regular, store bought plastic zip lock bags?
Freezer bags or storage bags? And then you dropped the bags of food
including the plastic into the boiling water to thaw and warm them
up???

Sounds very convenient and a lot cleaner than emptying the bags

into pots and warming the food there, as my wife and I have been
doing for several years at Gulf Wars. The bags don't melt? Or
break open strewing the food into the boiling water? Hmmm.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net