[Sca-cooks] Casbah! Feast, was Period Couscous References?

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Tue Aug 27 23:59:58 PDT 2002

My girl friend (and Mistress, and war autocrat) fed our household at
Estrella war this way a couple of years ago. She called it "boiling-bag
cooking" (I've seen this mundanely before). She had whole coolers filled
with bags marked with the different days breakfast and dinner entrees in
roughly 2-people servings. We either found a person to share with, or some
of the guys could eat it all themselves. Lunches were cold lunch meats,
cheese bread, fresh fruit and veggies, or leftovers. All we had to do was
keep a couple of large pots of boiling water going, and a coffee pot for hot
drinks. Her lord brews beer and makes soft drinks and brings them in kegs.
We made notes of what worked well and what didn't (scrambled eggs were kind
of rubbery, but all the meat stews, gravies, soups and the like were great).
Since then another group has cooked for us. (Mistress Brenna was main war
co-autocrat the following year, and has been Kingdom Royal Archer since
then.)

Lady Cecily
Barony of Sundragon
Atenveldt