[Sca-cooks] Casbah! Feast, was Period Couscous References?

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Aug 28 00:36:07 PDT 2002

This reminds me....many years ago, when Artemisia and Atenveldt were
still one kingdom, I attended an Estrella War, and was kindly hosted by
Duchy Tarragon.  They did a lot of this boiling-bag stuff, too, although
(IIRC) you've got to use the right bags--you can actually buy them, and
a gadget that seals them.
The thing I remember most clearly were the omelets (funny, considering
it's another thread going on right now!)....Apparently, at some point
before the war, the household would hold this omelet party, and they'd
pre-make all the omelets.  Into a single-serving bag would go X number
of eggs (sans shells, natch), a certain amount of cheese, seasonings,
etc. The bags were then frozen and transported.  On the given day, the
omelet bags were boiled, per instructions, and you just slit the bag,
and dumped out this little squarish omelet--a little non-standard
looking, but perfectly tasty, and very easy to prepare.
--Maire, who *should* be packing!