[Sca-cooks] Today's NY Times...

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 28 16:35:55 PDT 2002

>There's an article in today's New York Times about male
>cooks and its
>impact on the cookware industry. Harumph.
>
>Adamantius, off to rotate the chicken pans...

One of the things that I enjoyed the most about my last
relationship was the fact that Selene hated cooking. I'm
sure she could do it (she won first place in a Baronial
A&S with her cooking) but she just didn't enjoy it. I
happen to love pampering my lady and showing off a bit
in the kitchen. Now that I'm alone, I rarely make anything
fancy. Usually some form of oriental noodles.

In fact, my last two relationships have had me mainly in the
kitchen. I guess it fulfills my "Food is Love" attitude.

The poor thing, she's eating a lot of Chinese food delivery
and ice cream. And the guy she's been seeing not only doesn't
cook, but he hates mushrooms too. She'll die!

And I finally got cable with FoodTV (woot!) so she can't lure
me over for dinner with tapes of "Iron Chef".

I love being a "man cook". It's just another way to impress
the ladies.

Yers,

Gunthar
Knight-Bachelor