[Sca-cooks] Today's NY Times...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Aug 28 17:05:21 PDT 2002

Also sprach Michael Gunter:
>I love being a "man cook". It's just another way to impress
>the ladies.
>
>Yers,
>
>Gunthar
>Knight-Bachelor

Ooh, do not tempt me to be politically incorrect! Don't!

I was going to use a slightly altered line originally from Earl Butz,
late the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture, in one of his off-moments
(great career-ending statement #346, to be exact), about women
wanting only three things (the original line concerned another group).

Okay, I'll just say the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach
(veal or chicken cutlets sauteed and served with beurre rouge with
black olives and rosemary has never failed yet... not that I've tried
it for that purpose recently... hmmm... must try it with venison
cutlets)

But about the article, the line about male cooks making possible the
$275 knife got to me. It sort of Tim-Allen-ized people like me, which
I dislike.

Adamantius