[Sca-cooks] Today's NY Times...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Aug 28 17:35:09 PDT 2002

Also sprach Jones, Craig:
>  >
>>  Okay, I'll just say the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach
>>  (veal or chicken cutlets sauteed and served with beurre rouge with
>>  black olives and rosemary has never failed yet...
>
>Got a recipe for that, Mr SpoonTease?

Uh, not really... saute meat, keep warm, add chopped olives (I
usually just smoosh them to get the pit out) to the pan, deglaze with
red wine, swirl in cold butter pats until sauce is homogeneous and
syrupy, sorta dark pink, add chopped rosemary, pour over or around
meat, serve...

>SingleDrakey.
>
>Ps.  For me it's bitter chocolate tart with a spoonful of crème
>fraiche/Icing Sugar whip on the side (yes I will provide a recipe
>later...)

Oh. OK, that'd do it.  Howzabout a plain chocolate genoise cake (made
with both chocolate and cocoa), sprinkled with liqueur (I like
Curacao or Grand Marnier, but the obvious thing would be something...
chocolate) split and filled with chocolate mousse... plain vanilla
sugar on top and whipped cream (barely sweetened) on the side...

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER