[Sca-cooks] Today's NY Times...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Aug 28 17:55:03 PDT 2002

At 08:35 PM 8/28/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Also sprach Jones, Craig:
>>  >
>>>  Okay, I'll just say the way to a woman's heart is through her stomach
>>>  (veal or chicken cutlets sauteed and served with beurre rouge with
>>>  black olives and rosemary has never failed yet...
>>
>>Got a recipe for that, Mr SpoonTease?
>
>Uh, not really... saute meat, keep warm, add chopped olives (I
>usually just smoosh them to get the pit out) to the pan, deglaze with
>red wine, swirl in cold butter pats until sauce is homogeneous and
>syrupy, sorta dark pink, add chopped rosemary, pour over or around
>meat, serve...
>>
>>Ps.  For me it's bitter chocolate tart with a spoonful of crème
>>fraiche/Icing Sugar whip on the side (yes I will provide a recipe
>>later...)
>
>Oh. OK, that'd do it.  Howzabout a plain chocolate genoise cake (made
>with both chocolate and cocoa), sprinkled with liqueur (I like
>Curacao or Grand Marnier, but the obvious thing would be something...
>chocolate) split and filled with chocolate mousse... plain vanilla
>sugar on top and whipped cream (barely sweetened) on the side...
>
>Adamantius

You are a Cruel and Evil man, Master A, and you are teaching Drakey your
Dark Arts! Now I am certain that it was not your rapier wit, your svelte
form, your noble visage that snagged you a wife- it was something sauteed
with rosemary and a sinfully chocolate dessert! That's cheating! That's
barely above caveman behavior! Can't whack 'em with a club, so you lure
them with food...

Of course my sweetie does wonderful things with garlic and olives and then
there's that chocolate mousse
That-I-haven't-had-in-a-long-time-hint-hint-hint... but I think I'd keep
him even if he couldn't cook. He's tasty in other ways ;-D)

'Lainie