[Sca-cooks] Today's NY Times...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed Aug 28 18:27:27 PDT 2002

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:

>You are a Cruel and Evil man, Master A, and you are teaching Drakey your
>Dark Arts!

It's true, Evil Plots don't just make themselves, but I do seem to
have a more or less unlimited supply, and Drakey is more than welcome
to any sinister plots I can concoct.

>  Now I am certain that it was not your rapier wit, your svelte
>form, your noble visage that snagged you a wife- it was something sauteed
>with rosemary and a sinfully chocolate dessert! That's cheating! That's
>barely above caveman behavior! Can't whack 'em with a club, so you lure
>them with food...

Actually, my lady wife _claims_ it was my rapier wit, but that the
Pommes Anna didn't hurt. As for the caveman tactics, are you not one
of the proponents of the Fred Flintstone theory?

>Of course my sweetie does wonderful things with garlic and olives

Oops! Forgot to mention shallots in the beurre rouge; add them to the
pan when you add the olives.

>  and then
>there's that chocolate mousse
>That-I-haven't-had-in-a-long-time-hint-hint-hint... but I think I'd keep
>him even if he couldn't cook. He's tasty in other ways ;-D)

Have you tried him with beurre rouge? Sauce Foyot might be neater...
now _that_ would be the test of a perfect sauce. But I think I won't
go there.

Adamantius, suddenly feeling very full

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER