[Sca-cooks] Buying a Tagine (oop)

vongraph vongraph at comcast.net
Wed Aug 28 17:40:55 PDT 2002

Ok so  he wants the pot (?) itself probably:0 so the cute remarks should be
clarified.
bottom of the pot should be of terra cota, even thickness throughout.
the bell or cone should be at least the same in hieght as the base pot is
across
the glaze should be even and not cracked or open, color is irrelvent:)

Now the next questionis are you going traditional or modern?
there are Brass Tagines as well as modern aluminium, there are also out of
Morocco some that are iron

What are you planing to do with it? home cooking or travel? the brass or
iron would be better for travel since the true tagine made of terra cota is
rather breakable. Do a web search I beleive that there used to be a site
www.tagine.com  but didn't go to see if it was still up

Elric