[Sca-cooks] Hey, Man, What's for Dinner?

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Aug 29 06:41:30 PDT 2002

Also sprach Heleen Greenwald:
>Don't hold back Adamantius!   Let your feelings out!
>(and thanks for letting me know!  ;-)   )
>Phillipa
>>  It's a pretentious, meaningless, made-up term for searing in oil, or,  as
>we
>old-fashioned trendless non-initiates might say, quickly fried to seal the
>surface.

I feel that a subtle restraint is best when speaking of this vile,
contemptible sound-bite catch-phrase, therefore I won't be telling
you just how despicable I really think it is. Suffice it to say it is
less than optimal. And it also sucks.

Oh. And also, I don't like it.

Note that I don't have a problem with the act or with the concept,
only with the fact that the _name_ has become more important in our
foodie society than either.

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER