[Sca-cooks] Today's NY Times...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Aug 29 07:06:12 PDT 2002

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd said:
>>It requires you register...  I don't want to register to yet another place
>>on the web to read an article...  Could you perhaps copy/paste?
>
>Hmmm. Does this mean that if I changed the Florilegium to subscription
>only, that you wouldn't register?

FWIW, registering with the New York Times website is pretty
unobtrusive, and most web browsers will simply store your login and
password for future use and a seamless login to the bookmarked site.
And you can choose to have anything up to and including an html
facsimile of the print version of the newspaper e-mailed to you daily
for free (not to mention the Wednesday food section). In a world
where our online security and rights thereto are being slowly eroded,
this is far from the worst abuse out there.

And I got through this entire post without mentioning Microsoft even
onc... um... uh...

Adamantius
deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER