Subscribing to sites OT, OOP Was Re: [Sca-cooks] Today's NY Times...

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Aug 29 08:14:10 PDT 2002

Also sprach Gorgeous Muiredach:
>>In a world
>>where our online security and rights thereto are being slowly eroded,
>>this is far from the worst abuse out there.
>
>Agreed, but it's still abuse. <grin>
>
>Of course, if I want the information bad enough, I'll be a good little
>lemur and subscribe.

By any chance do you mean lemming? Just wondering...

>   The Florilegium is a location where I want the
information bad enough.

OTOH, it seems that most of us choose our fights in this area, and
very few of us have not sacrificed security for convenience in some
way. My choice is to use browsers like Mozilla or Opera instead of IE
(both offer high-encryption versions, and where the former is weaker
than the latter at defeating intrusion, it makes up for it somewhat
by being Open Source), and avoiding software produced by obvious
monopolists using their software against you to help their marketing
research and discourage competition (including my OS). So I'm not
feeling especially like a Judas goat (or even a lemur! ;-)   ).

Adamantius

deserves to be called a scholar."
	-DONALD FOSTER