[Sca-cooks] sorta OT - Cookie Exchange 2002?

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 29 12:03:11 PDT 2002

>Olwen commented:
>
>>Depending on when the send by date is, I shall probably do it this year
>>too
>>I hope everyone likes marzipan...
>

>Olwen, you are a very talented lady. Are you perhaps sticking with
>
>marzipan because that is familar and comfortable to you? I know you
>can do marvelous marzipan stuff and you are certainly free to do this
>and we, the lucky recipents, will certainly welcome this.
>But perhaps you might want to try to stretch your abilities by
>trying some other stuff. Maybe pastries? Or decorative cookies? Or?
>I might suggest sugarpaste as being up your alley, but a bit different.
>However I don't think that will travel well.
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of

Well, I'm not much of a "goodies" person.  I can count on one hand the
number of times I have bought cookies in the last two years and still have
fingers left over!  I figured if I did this then I would have a stock of
stuff for Alainne and Hans.  Since I am up to my elbows in marzipan on any
given day it would be no big deal to make extras.  OTOH, if I have to
actually *bake* something, and mix it and form it, etc., well...that is too
much like actual work!

Actually, I was thinking I would probably do something else in addition to
marzipan.  It just seems weird to me ~not~ to give marzipan!

Of course, Stefan, if you would rather not get some....
Olwen