[Sca-cooks] Matters of Taste was OOP: Art exhibit about 17th c. Dutch food

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Aug 30 05:35:08 PDT 2002

Thanks for the reminder.
There was an article about this in Food History News last spring and I
think I warned people then that it was coming.
I think I also asked if anyone was doing an event that would coincide
with it.... maybe we should just arrange a road trip...
 Syracuse University Press is doing the book.

Copublished with the Albany Institute of History and Art
 Available in September
Matters of Taste
Food and Drink in Seventeenth-Century
Dutch Art and Life
Donna R. Barnes and Peter G. Rose
Essays by Charles T. Gehring and Nancy Barnes
Paper $49.95 0-8156-0747-4
8 x 10, 272 pages, 61 color photographs
http://sumweb.syr.edu/su_press/fallwinter2002/MATTERSOFTASTE.htm

According to the description from FHNews it will include 65 historic
recipes with adaptations.

It's not that OOP by the way as it's 17th century and people over the
years have really liked Peter Rose's The Sensible Cook.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway