Kolfrosta again (wasRe: [Sca-cooks] sorta OT - Cookie Exchange 2002?)

Kolfrosta kolfrosta at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 30 06:09:11 PDT 2002

>Welcome to SCA-Cooks!

Thanks :)  Seems like a friendly bunch of people.

>Okay. See this file in the CLOTHING section of the Florilegium: :-)
>
>cross-dressng-msg  (4K)  8/29/00    Cross-dressing in period.
>

>It did tend to be girls dressing as boys rather than the other way
>
>around, for various reasons.

Norse women were actually allowed to dress in pants and pick up weapons
training at the age ot 12.  Unfortunately they were strongly encouraged to
dress like a lady and put her weapons down in favour of a proper ladylike
life at the age of 20.  Some women actually defied their families and to
avoid being exiled they came up with a term "Man souled woman"  They were
not allowed to marry or hold any of the female responsibilities in the
community.  This happened so rarely I only found reference to it
twice.  I'll pull it up from the library and copy it again for all should
they want it. :)

>>Baiting with sweets or sushi is the best way to catch this Huntress :)
>I'm sure glad there was an 'or' in there. Somehow, I don't think
>
>chocolate covered sushi sounds very good...

Actually chocolate covered sushi sounds vile.  The two should never be
mixed into one. LOL

Kolfrosta

>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra
>    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net
>**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:  http://www.florilegium.org ****

m.k.a Andrea Patterson
Barony Concordia of the Snows, East Kingdom
kolfrosta at earthlink.net

---Feminae bene moratae historiam raro faciunt.