Chocolate tempering (was Re: [Sca-cooks] NY Times article...)

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri Aug 30 07:51:07 PDT 2002

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Gorgeous Muiredach wrote:

> > > What is a "Revolation II chocolate temperer"?
> >
> >Umm. It tempers chocolate.
> >
> >Chocolate is a very temperamental critter. <SNIP>
> >
> >If you're going to be working with a lot of chocolate, or have limited
> >counter space, or limited patience, having a machine do the work for you
> >is a wonderful thing. <SNIP>
>
> Alternatively, if you are only doing a little bit of chocolate at a time,
> build your own!

Sigh. I still wouldn't have any place to put it. I've heard tell that a
regular heating pad can also be used, though I've never tried that method.
At the moment I'm waiting for it to be cool again so that I can start up
candy making--as long as we still have summer, I plan to be out in it.

Ooooh, I've just had an idea--chocolate dipped wafers. Make
standard wafers/krumkake, dip in dark chocolate with a hint of
orange. Mmmmmm.

Margaret