Chocolate tempering (was Re: [Sca-cooks] NY Times article...)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 30 13:08:18 PDT 2002

>Ooooh, I've just had an idea--chocolate dipped wafers. Make
>standard wafers/krumkake, dip in dark chocolate with a hint of
>orange. Mmmmmm.
>
>Margaret

This reminded me of what I have taken to doing when I do my candied peels.
I used to eat or toss the fruit but have taken to peeling the whole fruit,
then slicing the oranges or limes or whatever, crosswise in rounds about a
third to half and inch thick.  I then put those rounds in my dehydrator and
rotate the racks around for a day or two till they are dry.  I dip the
orange slices in dark chocolate, the limes in white and the lemons in dark
or regular chocolate.  Nope.  Not period, but we can't keep them on the
table!
Olwen