[Sca-cooks] delurking

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 30 08:02:25 PDT 2002

>Ok, I am a very recent subscriber to this list. I subscribed for two
>reasons: I am suddenly developing an intense interest in cooking for
>others (as opposed to the hot dog nuking I had been doing as cooking in
>the life of a batchelor), and because I want to (someday) be a head cook
>for a feast. My short time in the SCA (only playing since April) has
>helped me realize that the friendliest group of people to learn from is
>SCAdians. So, quick search, and I found this group. Learned some
>already, and fully expect to learn a lot more. So, thanks in advance.
>
>Cormac
>MKA
>Fletch

Welcome Cormac!  Where do you live?  You may well be right near some of us
and can come play.  So, are you saying you are another batchelor on the list
or are you saying you aren't, thus you must learn to cook?
I agree.  Learning anything from a SCAdian is a lot more fun than learning
from a mundane.  By and large, there is more fun and patience.  Not to
mention all the different levels on the time-line that one can see as we
learn more about things that interest us.  Everything from the change in
recipes between then and now to making the paper and inks they were written
with.  Maybe that doesn't make the sense I want to make, maybe it does.
Anyway, I'm the crazy one on the list so it doesn't have to make sense.
Olwen