[Sca-cooks] Acclaim

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Fri Aug 30 08:13:22 PDT 2002

Brangwayna uge-ber:

> I do the make the rounds thing, too.  At least around here, sometimes the
> cook doesn't get called out for applause - and I can see some being upset
> with that .  Not because "they don't like my food", but because "they
didn't
> recognize all the work I put in!  They cheered the autocrat, and I did
just
> as much work, if not more!"

Fortunately for me, the kitchens where I've worked, there's been cheering
among the staff in the kitchen when the dust has settled, particularly in
Kiri, Winifred, and Robear's kitchens.   I hate being dragged out into court
while working, particularly when I'm head cook.  I also like being able to
give the head cook what they *really* need after all their hard work.... A
foot/back rub!