[Sca-cooks] delurking

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 30 13:16:18 PDT 2002

> > Anyway, I'm the crazy one on the list so it doesn't have to make sense.
> > Olwen
>
>Ah, Olwen, just because you invented marzipan mail bombing, that doesn't
>make you crazy- just makes you normal differently, just like the rest of us
>;-)
>
>Speaking of which, have you gotten the rest of the pix from Blackstar
>developed yet?
>
>Phlip

My camera ended up at Hughs place.  We are having a household get
together/BBQ this weekend so I am hoping to get it then.  I was so ill this
year that I barely bothered to take any pictures at all.  Very unlike me.
I'm not even sure if I got a picture of the child from hell!  I hope I did
though.  She was fun this time.

As for the marzipan, I have recently been doing some crazy stuff to
entertain the folks in the guild and have come up with a rather neat
"marraige" of marzipan and sugarplate.  Quite nice in that the combo gives
the extra hardness of the sugarplate but the extra working time of the
marzipan.  It binds together with rosewater too, so I can skip the royal
icing!  The folks that have tried it said it tastes good too.  I am tempted
to try a small bit, but whenever I lift some to my mouth that gag reflex
pops up.  Oh well.
Olwen