[Sca-cooks] sorta OT - Cookie Exchange 2002?

rose at got.net rose at got.net
Fri Aug 30 16:12:23 PDT 2002

Well, mostly I lurk because I tend to be slow with my emails.  I'll save
messages to respond to later, and then find that somebody else has already said
what I would have.

Since you asked, though, I am Rose de LeMans, of the West Kingdom.  I joined
this list about 3 1/2 years ago, and quite literally, learned everything I know
about period cooking here.

In a little over two years, I cooked five feasts.  In order, they were:

German, based on Ein Buch von Guter Spise;
Andalusian;
Platina;
random French (I didn't plan that one, merely stepped in when the head cook got
very sick a couple of days before the feast); and,
Hundred Years War, using the 2 15th C. cookbooks and the Viandier of Taillevent.

My husband has placed me on a moratorium from cooking any more feasts, however
I've got one in the planning stages.  I want to re-create Philip the Good's
Feast of the Pheasant.

What else would you like to know?

Rose

Quoting Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com>:

> It's interesting how many folks are lurkers on the list.  How do they
> manage
> to keep so quiet during some of the wild threads that have transpired here?
> Shy?  I don't think that is it.  I am very shy in person but quite a
> noise-maker here for some reason.
> Well, it would be nice to hear more about you Rose.
> Olwen

-=-=-=-

food. shelter. clothing. net.         Got.net - The Internet Connection, Inc