[Sca-cooks] hare vs rabbit

Collette S. Waters collette at kricket.net
Fri Aug 30 21:25:03 PDT 2002

Having cooked lots & lots of rabbit and eaten even more- I can say that
rabbit and chicken taste almost the same.  If the sauce is strong, heavy,
spicy, etc. and the meat is de-boned, it is hard to tell chicken and rabbit
apart except for the texture.
Begga Elisabeth
(who just put 60lbs of rabbit in the freezer and still has three more pens
to go)

>Umm my Mom made Chicken with Red Wine Sauce and Rabbit with Red Wine Sauce
at the same time, one time to see if we could tell the difference.  Nope,
both were good and couldn't tell the difference.  Aurore<