[Sca-cooks] Pesto commentary/Hi, Steffan!

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Aug 30 22:17:19 PDT 2002

Huette commented and suggested:
> Thank you, Helewyse, for all your research!
>
> Last January, a newby in Western Seas was telling
> everyone that pesto was period because the newby
> found mention of it in Esther Aresty's book.  Our
> local Laurel there, who isn't a cooking Laurel,
> wrote and asked if this was true.  So I did some
> research and asked for help from Johnnae, who had
> a copy of the Buttes book and graciously copied
> it onto a CD and sent it to me.  I also wrote to
> Dr. Gloning, who gave me this response:
> <snip<
>
> So, for future inquiries, I would suggest that
> perhaps Steffan add this and my other post to the
> Florilegium, so that when this topic is asked
> about again [and it will], we don't have to
> re-invent the wheel again.

Lol! This is the first time someone has suggested such a thing.
You know you are making an impact when... :-)

I already had your first message and Helewyse's message saved

to go into the sauces-msg file and have added this one. It is
about time to fission off part of this file though, so perhaps
all this will end up in green-sauces-msg or some such.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net