[Sca-cooks] Acclaim

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 29 09:29:11 PDT 2002

>I also don't think it's the love of applause when you
>see people smiling after taking a bite either... but
>rather you're pleased to see someone enjoy food period.
>::shrugs::

That reminds me of something I hate and now refuse to do.
After a feast when they drag the cooks out for people to
applaud them. I know it's a nice gesture and makes some folk
feel good for all the work I've done. But I kind of hate making
the audience have to applaud. They will applaud even if the
feast was lousy because they have been told to.

I prefer to stay in the kitchen or make the rounds to the diners
during the feast to make sure things are going well. If people
like the food, they'll tell me then. But I don't like "hostage
dinner approval".

Off my soapbox now.

Gunthar