[Sca-cooks] Acclaim

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 29 10:05:35 PDT 2002

Greetings,

There was a feast that was prepared and served at a local Baronial Event at
which the Crown was in attendance. I was not at this feast, but have heard
this story from several sources and it is accurate. Apparently the feast was
nearly inedible and the Crown took to taking small portions and then the
food was discreetly disposed of.

When the whole "pull the cook out of the kitchen" came the King stood up and
said:
"I would like to give the populace the opportunity to let the cook know
exactly what they thought about the feast" and then sat down. Of course
there was the obligatory applause. The crown then later took the Baron aside
and forbade him to ever let that particular cook anywhere near a kitchen.

Subtle, but not embarassing to the cook.

Glad Tidings,
Serena