[Sca-cooks] Acclaim

Joe Pelfrey joepelfrey at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 29 10:28:01 PDT 2002

>From: "Michael Gunter" <countgunthar at hotmail.com>

<snip> or make the rounds to the diners
>during the feast to make sure things are going well. If people
>like the food, they'll tell me then. But I don't like "hostage
>dinner approval".

I completely agree with doing this and recommend it to new cooks.  People do
not hesistate to tell you if something is going wrong or they didn't like
what was served during that course.  (They are usually hungry and cranky.)
This also gives you the opportunity to fix something right then - maybe a
table missed a dish or you have extra of something and that would just hit
the spot with them.

Oh, well...back to lurking.

William Palfrey