[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest /Lebanon Bologna

spynnere at juno.com spynnere at juno.com
Mon Dec 2 10:57:41 PST 2002

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 09:10:02 -0600 sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org
writes:

> Message: 10
> Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 21:48:16 -0600
> From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
> To: sca-cooks at ansteorra.org
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest/full of baloney
>
> I guess I may just have to investigate some of the weblinks posted
>
> here earlier. Just wish Weavers (http://www.lebanon-bologna.com/)
> didn't require some unknown plug-in. Or at least that they would
> tell
> me what that plug-in was, so I could go get it. Instead of simply
> directing me to the Netscape plug-in site to download it.

    Stefan,

      I am pretty sure that Weaver's is the factory that burnt down last
holiday season.  I am pretty sure the Kutztown factory is the one that
took over Weaver's production, as Weaver's is supposed to be the oldest,
as well as having supplied the special 'countdown-to-midnight' bologna
for the city of Lebanon's New Year's Eve festivities--and Myerstown, the
home of the Kutztown factory *is* still in Lebanon county and within
spittin' distance of Lebanon.  If you are looking for 'authentic' Lebanon
bologna, the Kutztown site should give you what you want.  But the ring
bologna's better! ;^p

    And as a side note--they both use corn syrup or some such sweetener
in not copious, but detectable quantities! (Not to rain on your parade)

   Elizabeth