[Sca-cooks] What do you think? OT

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Thu Dec 5 04:35:47 PST 2002

I've been struggling with my SCA identity for some time now. Avraham haRofeh
("haRofeh" means "the doctor"), no matter what period, wouldn't know a
damned thing about my interests - cooking, brewing and heraldry. I chose the
name because it was identifiably ME, but clearly isn't really suitable for
who I want to be in period.

Since I look best and feel most comfortable in High Tudor garb (funny that,
being a 350lb man who looks rather like Henry VIII), I've decided that's my
period. I want an easily documented name, so I don't have to drive my herald
(me) nuts with the registration forms, but something that's still more or
less recognizable as me. I've settled on Randall Cook - so I can still be
Randy (which is how virtually everyone knows me anyway). What do you all
think?

Randy

Randall Cook of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: The universe is laughing behind your back.

---