Broom was Re: [Sca-cooks] OOP: Praline recipes from La Varenne, p art 2

Thu Dec 5 13:29:28 PST 2002

Can you provide me the genus and species of "American Broom?"  To my
knowledge all of the "brooms" in the U.S. are European imports and most, if
not all, produce cytisine or ulexine which acts as a diuretic and in
quantity affects the heart in a manner similar to digitalis.

Bear