[Sca-cooks] adventures with leftovers

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 6 12:39:56 PST 2002

Greetings all.
Just wanted to share a silly thing with you.  Yesterday I had my first
experience dealing with leftovers.  Since I never know what to do with them,
I either send them home with whomever or toss them after going bad in the
fridge.
I was surprized to learn that you could actually re-heat turkey in the oven,
and it was OK!  And I took frozen bread slices and stuck them in the oven
for a minute also and we had sandwiches.  I was so proud.
But I'm not done yet!
After several hours of fun but hard work, we went back to the studio and I
was thouroughly shocked to find out that I could actually put the left-over
leftovers of turkey *back in* the oven!!  You should have seen the look on
my face!  I also found out that you could put those ziplock plastic
containers in the microwave and they don't melt and that mashed turnips are
really pretty good as leftovers.
Ok.  Thats it.  I know I am a constant source of amusement for folks over
here with some of the silly stuff I just don't know, but I'm so proud.
Olwen, single, looking and soon to be unemployed (good thing I'm learning
this skill huh?)