[Sca-cooks] A Guild Question... and ancient history

Carol Eskesen Smith BrekkeFranksdottir at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 8 16:49:30 PST 2002

Well back in the Dark Ages (around AS 9, I believe), Asbjorn and Eloise signed the first Guild Charter, and LO! there was a chartered Cooks Guild.  See the Ostgardr page for details; I think John Elys may still have a copy of the Charter there.  I think the Guild, as such, died in about AS 11 (I was well out of things by then, attending only demos for the next year or so, then dropping out entirely when budgets got really tight and inflation was in double digits.)  There's been some talk in Ostgardr of a "Cooks Advisory Group" that is more of "the Pros from Dover" than a true guild.  Sort of a "Have knives, will travel".  Our Kingdom is so very large...  A Kingdom-level Cooks' Guild would have a great deal of difficulty meeting anywhere except on the Web...)

Regards,
Brekke