[Sca-cooks] court-fu

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Dec 9 10:16:08 PST 2002

Hey, I got my AoA at Pennsic 25, dragged out of camp in my cooking slops
which were rather disreputable [an absolutely ancient aba from about 12
years before, liberally covered with goose-fat spatters and flour][i was
camp mommy to Blutwacht/BloodGuard at the time]and down to court. I have a
picture of me with Morgan looking at me rather oddly...as the only times HRH
normally saw me I was in elizabethan ;-)

Of course my Champion, and my husband had plenty of time to get showers,
change into court clothing, hit Max up for mead...
margali
who was a double header - AoAs for both my personas...grin.

the quote starts here:
Besides which - think of it this way - I got my Boreas (baronial A&S award,
not that signifigant to most I guess, but *I'm* proud of it... :-) ) while
wearing blue jeans and my lord's tunic- my garb was coming to site with
someone else, who didn't make it to morning court...which is where their
excellencies gave me the award since I was cooking feast... <sigh>.  See? it
could be worse...at least you were wearing *garb*... :-)

Generys