[Sca-cooks] Liadan's Cafe

Mon Dec 9 11:31:25 PST 2002

First, get the city and state code requirements for a restaurant/food
service.  You may need special equipment such as anti-backflow drains on the
sinks.  You also need to consider power and gas connections.

If you are baking and need an oven, think convection.  It will general bake
better and faster than any standard oven.  It usually holds more also.  A
new convection oven runs between $3500 and $10K new, but you should be able
to find a relatively good used one for $2K-3K.

You'll probably want a heavy mixer, a light mixer and probably a couple hand
blenders.

There are restaurant and bakers supply houses in OKC and Tulsa.  I tend to
use Oklahoma Restaurant Supply at 2701 California and Dick Curtis' Market
Source at 4525 N. Cooper in OKC.  Duck Hodges.  They're too high dollar.

Unfortunately, these don't have a web presence, so you might look here for
ideas and advice:

http://www.hobartcorp.com/

http://www.omahabakeryequipment.com/index.htm

Bear