[Sca-cooks] This 'n that

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 9 19:24:21 PST 2002

With previous feasts, I didn't prepare anything in advance.  This
time around, I want to avoid the panic and chaos of trying to
accomplish everything in one day.  Which brings me to a few
questions.

I need to make simple syrup (2:1) for a beverage.  Some websites
insist that it will keep fine for a few days or for months at room
temperature in a clean, well-sealed bottle.  Others say it must be
refrigerated.  Who do I believe?

What is the best way to wrap large quantities of chicken parts for
the freezer?

I'm sure that I will find more to ask before long.  And, thanks to
everyone who has been enlightening me about chicken stock.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net