[Sca-cooks] list lurkers/intros

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Tue Dec 10 10:32:24 PST 2002

well, i dont think i qualify as a "lurker" on ANY of my lists.... i am just
too loud........

that said...

lessee.... i started out getting into the SCA because of (guess..) a
boyfriend (right in one).. after a messy nasty breakup i dropped out of the
SCA...

then i found them again a few years later...... and i started merchanting (i
was already doing a bit of huckstering at S.F. cons)

mostly i deal with the SCA from a merchanting standpoint, at least in part
because the few weekends i am not working at an SCA event, i am usually at a
S.F. or Pagan event.. so i dont have a lot of free weekends.

i help out in kitchens when i can be spared from my table. and other than
that i am an appreciative, if hard to feed, guest at the occasional feast.

i WAS NOT interested in SCA cooking. or redactions... or anything.. really!
until i read a SCA publication (Madrone culinary guild) and went "Hey! that
recipe looks just like my own recipe for roasted garlic!!"  at which point i
sadly realized that i was *too* interested in SCA cooking.... and that
hanging around the other cooks pretending i wasnt involved just wasnt going
to cut it anymore.

<sigh>
but where am i going to get the time?
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."