[Sca-cooks] vegetarian

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Dec 11 11:30:43 PST 2002

> Which is exactly the point most vegetarians complain about.  They pay
> their $N, but even if they have notified the cook in advance they often
> get only a couple of dishes they can eat, one of them a generic and
> often flavourless grain-and-legume stew.  Everyone around them is eating
> a feast, and the cook has promised to provide them with a feast, but
> they get a meal, and not a very good one at that.

Hm. I'm looking at what was vegetarian in last weekend's feast in Bhakail:

First Course (nothing to do with me or Juliana):
Vegetarian		Non-vegetarian
Hummus & minipitas	chicken
cous-cous with peppers
cucumbers with yogurt

Second Course-- period Western European, by Juliana with me as deputy
Vegetarian:		Non-vegetarian
Marinated Carrots	Pork Egredouce
Armored Turnips		Sirloin roast (from Welserin)
de Nola Chopped Spinach
Barley with Mushrooms
Lentil Puree		Sausage (baked kielbasa)
Rapeye (raw apples, dates, almond milk, wine)
Bread
Butter

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Words can be your friend or your enemy, depending on who's
throwing the book, so watch your language." Stoppard