[Sca-cooks] SCA members desperately need your help! (OT)

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 13 16:04:14 PST 2002

Greetings:

     To all those who may not know me, my mundane name is Jeanice Hays. My SCA name is Lady Isabella Francesca Nicolla di Giovanni. I would like all that read this to know that I am more proud of my association with and everything that I have accomplished in my short time in the SCA, than almost anything that I have done in my mundane life. The only thing that I have that comes anywhere close to my SCA family and life, are my mundane family.

     That is why I am writing this letter. This is an urgent plea to help save the lives of my two little grandchildren. I wanted you to know about my love for 'my REAL life, the SCA', because I could very well be blackballed from it for posting this letter.

     Last Thursday my son (whom many of you also know as Sacha McCain, as the SCA is our families way of life, encompassing myself, husband Fergus McCain, our children Bryon McCain and Caitlin McCain and grandchildren, Rois McCain and Angel Giovanni) received a hearing notice from the Mesa County Court House, Grand Junction, Colorado. This stated that his two children (from a short lived relationship several years ago) had been being beaten and sexually molested by the step-father, Richard Frasco, for the last 2 years. AND THE MOTHER KNEW IT AND ALLOWED IT TO HAPPEN AND CONTINUE!!

     The things they were forcing that little girl do should not be forced onto a prostitute.

     We are fighting a horrible battle, because the state of Colorado will not press charges (even though there were 6 adolescents actively smoking pot in the home, when they went to pick up the other child) and says that the mother has just as good of a chance to get these two children in a custody battle as my son. She and Richard also have a 4-year-old girl that I don't know what they are doing to, if anything.

     One of our wonderful SCA friends has started a donation account at Wells Fargo Bank, to try to help us with this battle.

     I am begging all of you out there that read this list, please, PLEASE, if you can, contribute to this fund. Without it, we would surely not be able to continue to fight this battle.

     Each court appearance is a 500 mile round trip, and at the beginning of our last court appearance, the mother, Kathy Frasco, asked for and received a few days 'continuation', which essentially made it a wasted trip for us. However, no matter, we will not give up.

     With the help and love and support (financial and emotional) of all of our friends in the SCA, we will win!!

The account is at Wells Fargo Bank, Aztec, New Mexico with the name of Nicole Hays Donation Account. If you would rather mail something, my address is Jeanice Hays P.O. Box 81, Farmington, New Mexico, 87499. My home phone number is 505-334-0404 and my cellphone is 505-320-2975 if you have any questions. Sacha's cellphone is 505-320-1452.

     The actual police report has been verified by several officers in our Shire of Fontaine dans Sable.

     We will be back from our next court appearance just in time for MidWinter, December 21, in Albuquerque, NM. I will proudly hold my head up and accept donations or criticism for using my groups to do this and also to tell you 'Thank you' and hopefully tell you all positive results.

     However, I am confident that the type of people who belong to the SCA are the type who would do what they had to, to save the lives of their grandchildren.

     If anyone is interested in following this case, please join my group at:  SCAdians_saving_children at yahoogroups.com

     I apologize for wasting the bandwidth, but this is truly an emergency, you are my family and I had no other recourse.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Isabella Giovanni

Fergus McCain

Sacha McCain

Caitlin McCain

Rois McCain

Bryon McCain

P.S.  My granddaughter's birthday is tomorrow!! Guess what I'd like to give her for her birthday? A new family....called SCA!!