[Sca-cooks] Cooks Conference in Detroit

Mary Morman mem at rialto.org
Mon Dec 16 06:03:39 PST 2002

What a wonderful weekend!  Baron Timothy and flew in from Colorado and
had a super time.  Iasmina did an excellent job of organizing and
autocratting.  The high points for me were the talk on open fire cookery
(meal in a cauldron!), the translation and explication of Scappi's menus
by Heloise (sp.), and the hands-on pastry class which in addition to
lots of great chemical explanations of WHY certain things happen had Rum
telling us that if we didn't "feel the dough" we simply wouldn't be able
to learn to know when it was right and when it wasn't.

Elaina

OH, and I sold all five copies of The Proper New Book of Cookery that I
brought with me!