[Sca-cooks] bread starter

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Mon Dec 16 10:25:50 PST 2002

i was reading the book "Classic Sourdoughs" by Ed Wood....
<yes, Devra, of Poison Pen Press, probably has my credit card number
memorized by now>

anyway his comapnay "Sourdough international" sells sourdough starters
gathered from all over the world.  i was wondering what any of you thought
about it... some of the cultures may well be *identical* to ones available
in period... one of the bakeries he got his from has been in continuous
operation. using the same starter strain since 1670 something.....

http://www.sourdo.com/index.htm

Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."