[Sca-cooks] Re:Columbus/Ft Benning OT OOP

Sudden Service #5 sudnserv5 at netway.com
Mon Dec 16 14:29:14 PST 2002

    Yep, Dad had bad ankles from when he tried to go Airborne & broke them
both.  He went MP instead & it's a good thing for me-he met my Mom when he
was stationed in Nashville.
     Makes me wonder what the situation at Benning is now for the
Dependants.  Last time I was there it didn't look like they had added
anything to on-base hosing since the 70's except near the old Hospital that
they turned into the Infantry Museum.  They had added a new school though
which is good, I was at Benning during the formation of the 1st Air Calvary
& sat 2 kids to the seat in a class room with 40 kids until they opened the
"New School" in a WWI wooden building that had at times been a Barracks & a
Hospital latter it became a youth center.
    I'm glad a few of you enjoyed my post.  I keep talking to my daughter,
Sonja, about us doing a book together-her photos, my words (working title
"Familiar Trails").  It may happen some day, she is talking to a gallery in
Panama City about us doing a showing there together-her photos my metalwork.
    If any of you are a Military Brats you might consider listing your
contact info on the Military Brats Network:  http://www.military-brats.com/
    I also suggest that you list with Classmates.com they have sections to
register USAFE schools, military commands & businesses you might have worked
at.  I have found one of my best friends from HS in GA (he lives just up the
road from me in VT now, we are going to get together in the spring) & the
first girl I took to a formal dance in Germany through them (she is the one
who got me started on short women & when I saw her, during my visit to
Denver, she had grown a foot in height).  I had few friends in school &
would really like to reconnect with the few I did have, but we are scattered
to the 4 winds.
Pax,
Olaf
who is stalling about doing house cleaning today..