[Sca-cooks] OOP: grilled cheese sandwiches

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 17 20:52:54 PST 2002

My husband (who has a reputation for knowing all sorts of odd
facts) was asked an odd question by a co-worker.  Said co-worker
is being sent on a business trip to France, and wants to be able to
order his favorite lunch item, a grilled cheese sandwich.  I'd advise
him to order a Croque Monsieur, but I don't know how he feels
about ham.  Is there a grilled-cheese sandwich without ham?  Or
can he order "Croque Monsieur sans jambon" without creating an
international incident?

His actual question was "How do you say 'American cheese' in
French?" but I reeeeeally don't think that would go over very well.

Merci.

Brighid, who long ago majored in French, would you believe?

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net