[Sca-cooks] OOP: grilled cheese sandwiches

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Dec 17 21:09:19 PST 2002

At 11:52 PM 12/17/2002, you wrote:
>My husband (who has a reputation for knowing all sorts of odd
>facts) was asked an odd question by a co-worker.  Said co-worker
>is being sent on a business trip to France, and wants to be able to
>order his favorite lunch item, a grilled cheese sandwich.  I'd advise
>him to order a Croque Monsieur, but I don't know how he feels
>about ham.  Is there a grilled-cheese sandwich without ham?  Or
>can he order "Croque Monsieur sans jambon" without creating an
>international incident?

Try a Croque-Madame.

Beware, however that both Croque have tomatoes in them.  Also, they are
most often done on an open face baguette, which will definitely go very far
from grilled cheese sandwich the guy is gonna know/like.

Alternatively, tell him to get a life and explore his chances to get great
food in France, and not make a shmuck of himself by insisting to eat
American when out of the US...  My opinion, YMMV...

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies
mka