[Sca-cooks] OOP OT - American Beer was bombing

Thu Dec 19 06:25:08 PST 2002

Yeah and the "From the Land of Sky Blue Waters" and all dat jazz.  I crossed
the "Great American Desert" with a case of Rainier to mark the miles.  In
100 degrees (F) plus, it was absorbed into the tissues before it hit bottom.
It was what was available that was better than Coors.

FWIW, Olympia was one of the better light beers when it was a regional and
actually made with the artesian water in Tumwater.  About 1972, they were
bought out by Miller (I think) and the quality went South as the brewing
went national.

Bear