[Sca-cooks] (no) cookies and stuff

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 19 07:19:20 PST 2002

Well, today started on an interesting note.  I went to the post office in
hopes of finding a box containing cookies.  There was not one there.  humph.
  But there were two other packages there.  One from Stefan containing
almond flour (thanks!) and another with a book I got first bid on (thanks
Maeve!).

Today our office is closing early and folks are supposed to get ready for
some holiday celebration.  I am not going to it.

Johnna and family are wandering down this way for the holiday and I hope to
see her when she is here and I wish her and her family a safe journey.

My close friend Alainne is off today for Iowa to spend time with her family.
  We had a nice little celebration a few days ago, but I shall miss her
company over the holiday.

Some random friend left gifts of industrial pots and pans at my studio
yesterday.  I expect a phone call or something some time to let me know who
was so kind.  It's kinda nice to have so many folks have keys to your place.
  You never know what you shall find upon arrival.

Master Chirhart invited me to spend Chrismas eve at his home, I'm still
considering that offer.  I have also been invited to supper at Ekaterina and
Temurs on Christmas and will enjoy ham and venison with them.  I haven't
found any rubarb for sale anywhere to make pies with.  Don't know what is up
with that!  I'm crazy for tart pies.

I tried to sign up for the Philly area baronial list but am having some
difficulty.  Anyone out there can help me?

Can't wait to hear the squeels when someone gets my package.  It should be
cheery!

I posted off some almond paste for Nichola to play with and as it turns out,
I may end up seeing the fruits of his labors, so they better be really
good...  Alainne and Kat keep repeating to me that there is an extra space
in the car just for me and I could crash on the floor of the motel if I want
to go along to Atlantian 12th night.  So.  Who all said they were going to
that event?  I know several of you asked me if I were coming.

Well, sorry for the random scattering of thoughts.  I suppose I shall go
fetch a cup of coffee and see if anyone left any goodies in the kitchen for
me.  They know I just wander from office to office in search of food like
some orphaned waif so folks have become accustomed to bringing in a little
extra with my name on a sticky.

Olwen, single, looking, very anxious to move on to new horizons