[Sca-cooks] Cooking Duck, was OT - cat antics

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 24 08:14:06 PST 2002

Irmgart wrote:
>OFC: Also, for Yule on Sunday, I was cooking a duck for Yule (SNIP)
>
>Well, the duck was pretty good for a first attempt... I think next time,
>I'll prick the skin of the duck more so that more of the fat will run out.

What you have to do is prick the skin a lot when it's raw, then put
it in the oven to roast.

Then periodically, pull it out and prick the skin all over again.
Then cook it a while.

Then pull it out and prick the skin all over again. Then cook it a while.

Then pull it out and prick the skin all over again. Then cook it some more.

That way the fat comes out and the skin gets wonderfully crispy.

Anahita
Gee, i said "prick" so many times, that Eudora's little "bad word"
chili meter is giving me two chilis and telling me i may need to wash
my keyboard out with soap.

I'd really like access to their "bad word" list so i could edit it
myself. It's annoying as a cook to get red chili flagged for saying
basic cooking terms like "prick" and "stalk".